Tuesday 3 March 2015

Photoshop Elements 10: 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks by Rob Sheppard

It is simplified, but I think I am too simple a person to worry about using Photoshop. Obviously, any books that help you work Photoshop better are going to be a good recommendation for you. 

For me though, I have recently decided (after trialing Photoshop and Lightroom for free) that I don't want to do post production editing so much that I would require a program of the calibre of these ones. I'm just going to stick with the free editing programs and keep to the basics. Want to teach myself to be a better photographer and not rely on edits and 'layers' to enhance my images beyond recognition. If I start working with these programs I think I am going to get too carried away and lose focus on capturing good shots to begin with.
I still want to be able to clone a little, saturate, sharpen, crop, change to B&W etc.. but I can do all that with the Windows Photo Gallery on my laptop and the freeware I got with my dslr.


Not that I judge anybody who uses these programs, I'll just leave Photoshop and Lightroom to the Pros and the serious enthusiast. I am only an amateur photographer who enjoys taking photos to the best of my ability. All the hardcore editing stuff seems like too much of a time waster for someone at my level.



5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment